Why Mothers Should Choose Breastfeeding and How Lactation Cookies Can Help?
Breast milk provides the ideal nutrition for every baby. It plays a crucial role in providing passive immunity for the baby, whilst encouraging mild uterine contractions in the mother to return the uterus to its pre-pregnancy size. On top of that, breastfeeding your baby will increase the metabolic rate in the mother by burning the fat stored in the body during pregnancy more efficiently.
Why Choose Our Oatmeal Lactation Cookies
Did you know? According to Malaysia RNI 2017, a lactating/ nursing mother requires an excess of approximately 500kcal daily during the lactation period. In other words, without adequate energy and nutrients intake, breastmilk production will be affected in terms of quality and quantity.
Thus, in order for mothers to achieve this extra energy intake daily, try consuming lactation cookies, because they are packed with energy as well as nutrients from oatmeals and flaxseed that are known to have properties that induce lactation! Let us discuss a little bit more on the benefits of oatmeal and flaxseed for a nursing mother.
According to the University of Wisconsin’s Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, the iron and protein content in oatmeal may enhance the breast milk supply. Besides that, oatmeals are also loaded with other minerals and antioxidants such as manganese, zinc, phosphorus, vitamin Bs and dietary fibre to promote good health for both the mother and the baby!
As for flaxseeds, they have estrogenic properties that help in breast milk production. Flaxseed provides healthy fats that are a healthy component of breast milk to promote a child’s brain development.
Brewer’s yeast is one of the galactagogue product, which helps in promoting breast milk production. It’s also rich in chromium, which may help the body to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Also, with the existence of microflora, it benefits gut health as well as digestion!
PopoMama‘s oatmeal lactation cookies are not only delicious but also packed with galactagogues ingredients that induce lactation and ease the milk flow. Make your breastfeeding journey an enjoyable one with our melting-in-the-mouth oatmeal lactation cookies. Mothers subscribed to our preferred and premium packages can enjoy PopoMama’s lactation cookies for FREE!
- Healthline, (n.d). Brewer’s Yeast, retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/brewers-yeast
- Healthline, (n.d). 9 Health Benefits of Eating Oats and Oatmeal, retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/9-benefits-oats-oatmeal#TOC_TITLE_HDR_3.
- Medical News Today, (n.d). Which Food can Help with Lactation?, retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324290
- Healthline Parenthood, (n.d). Brewer’s Yeast Breastfeeding Supplement, retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/breastfeeding/supplement
- Healthline Parenthood, (n.d). 11 Lactation Boosting Recipes for Breastfeeding Moms, retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/parenting/lactation-boosting-recipes#lactation-boosting-recipes
- Murray, D (2020). Foods to increase breastmilk supply, retrieved from https://www.verywellfamily.com/foods-that-increase-breast-milk-supply